|CONTACT: Jennifer Baker, Neogen Corporation, 517/372-9200|
LANSING, Mich., May 12, 2009 — Neogen Corporation has received approval from the AOAC Research Institute for its quantitative Veratox® for Aflatoxin test kit (AOAC-RI 050901).
Veratox for Aflatoxin provides exact levels of aflatoxin, a natural toxin produced by molds, in the range of 5-50 parts per billion (ppb).
“Neogen’s tests for mycotoxins have set the gold standard for many years,” said Ed Bradley, Neogen’s vice president of Food Safety. “We’re very pleased that AOAC has confirmed the quality of our Veratox for Aflatoxin test system. This additional validation for the product will allow us to build upon our market-leading status by allowing us access to select laboratories and institutions that prefer AOAC validations for their testing products.”
The USDA’s Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA) has also verified the performance of Neogen’s Veratox for Aflatoxin. GIPSA’s verification of Neogen’s quantitative Veratox for Aflatoxin enables the test to be used for official testing in the national grain inspection system.
Neogen, which offers the most comprehensive line of mycotoxin testing products, has six rapid tests verified by GIPSA to test corn for the presence of aflatoxin:
- Veratox for Aflatoxin – provides exact levels of aflatoxin in the range of 5-50 parts per billion (ppb)
- Veratox for Aflatoxin AST – provides exact levels of aflatoxin in the range of 5-320 ppb
- Reveal® for Aflatoxin – the easiest and quickest test available to screen corn for aflatoxin (at 20 ppb)
- Reveal for Aflatoxin SQ – the easiest and quickest semi-quantitative test available for aflatoxin test kit to screen corn samples in the ranges of: less than 10 ppb; 10 to 20 ppb; or greater than 20 ppb using the Reveal AccuScan™ III System
- Agri-Screen® for Aflatoxin – screens at 20 ppb
- NeoColumn™ for Aflatoxin DR – an immunoaffinity column designed for the quantitative analysis of aflatoxin in commodities such as corn, corn by-products, peanuts and tree nuts
Neogen’s aflatoxin testing products also include:
- Veratox for Aflatoxin HS – provides exact levels of aflatoxin in the range of 1-8 ppb
- Reveal for Aflatoxin SQ for Peanuts – the easiest and quickest semi-quantitative test available for aflatoxin test kit to screen peanut samples in the ranges of: less than 10 ppb; 10 to 20 ppb; or greater than 20 ppb using the Reveal AccuScan™ III System
Neogen Corporation (Nasdaq: NEOG) develops and markets products dedicated to food and animal safety. The company’s Food Safety Division markets diagnostic test kits to detect foodborne bacteria, natural toxins, genetic modifications, food allergens, drug residues, plant diseases, and sanitation concerns, and dehydrated culture media.