April 17, 2015
Privacy Notice | Code of Conduct
|Always Accepting Applications
We are always looking for talented individuals to fill future employment opportunities. You can express your interest in working for Neogen Corporation by submitting a general application and resume/CV. Just click on the Apply Here link and we will have your application in our system for recruiting to locate when we have a future opportunity that may fit your qualifications. Neogen Corporation continues to grow as a global leader in Food Safety and Animal Safety Technologies with more than 1000 employees. We appreciate your interest in contributing to our success.
Employment Opportunities: Lansing, MI
- Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Electronics Technician
- ERP Specialist
- Laboratory Manager, Validation
- Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
- Market Development Manager, Dairy, Pet Food, Milling, Grain Segments, and Food Service
- Network Engineer
- Product Manager, Rapid Microbiology
- Production Technologist (2nd shift)
- Purchasing Coordinator
- Reagent Support Chemist Associate
- Reagent Support Chemist, Manufacturing
- Research Scientist, Microbiology
- Research Technician, Immunochemistry
- Software Engineer
- Technical Sales Representative, Healthcare, Fruit & Vegetable, Beverage
- Technical Services, Microbiologist (2 positions)
- Territory Manager, Dairy
- Web Designer, Intern
- Web Developer
Want a great career?
Check out the above video to learn more about Neogen.
|Accounts Payable Coordinator
Coordinates the opening of mail, matching, entering, some coding and filing of vendor invoices. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Open, sort mail from all facilities
- File Purchase Order copies received from Purchasing
- Match and file receipts with purchase orders
- Match invoices with receipts/purchase orders
- File paid invoices
- Prepare & code shipping invoices for payment, including generate invoices for employee receivables
- Process & code utility bills, phone bills & other expenses not requiring Purchase Orders
- Assist with preparation and running of A/P check run. May be backup as needed
- Participate in the month end close process of the accounts payable module. Duties may include balancing to the general ledger, running month end reports, and assisting General Accountant as necessary
- Monitor past due statements and take action to assist in resolving discrepancy/disputes
- Assist the sales staff and management with account information as requested
- Assist others on Accounts Payable team as needed
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma with related accounting experience, preferably with emphasis on Accounts Payable. Two-year accounting degree a plus.
Performs a variety electronic assembly and repair operations. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs direct work, demonstrating the ability to perform any of the various operations within the group
- Assist in modifying BOMs, work instructions, and ISO documents as necessary
- Compiles detailed production and repair paperwork, including quantities produced, scrapped, in-process, etc.
- Assists in maintaining Neogen RA system entries for department
- Assist in counting inventory
- Performs on-bench diagnosis, repair, and production assembly.
- Troubleshoot and repair defective microprocessor based PCBs to component level
- Provides Customer Support and depot repair for all of Neogen’s electronic products
- Ensures quality product is built and shipped
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics required. Minimum of two years’ experience in electronic assembly, processes, equipment and troubleshooting required. Small scale mechanical aptitude required, will be working with small parts, sometimes under a magnifier.
Provide technical assistance in support of Microsoft Dynamics SL ERP package. This individual will become proficient in Microsoft Dynamics SL and will assist users with support issues, report requirements and some training. In addition to proficiency with the application, the individual will learn the technical aspects of the system including database structure, report writing and SQL queries. As this position supports Neogen’s accounting and financial system, the individual must be comfortable with numbers and able to perform basic financial analysis. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- First line support for users of Microsoft Dynamics SL.
- Primary responsibility for administering new users of 3rd party query tool for SL.
- Provide one on one user assistance as needed for users of Dynamics SL and related 3rd party products.
- Shared responsibility for report writing to support users of Dynamics SL.
- Use Excel and Transaction Import to import pricing into SL.
- Assist in all SL software upgrades, including troubleshooting and documenting various issues that may occur.
- Write SQL scripts to create views or to resolve support related issues.
- Develop expertise in EDI, and support EDI side of the business.
- Other Duties as assigned by Manager
Education and/or Experience: Four year college or university degree; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Laboratory Manager, Validation
Manage daily activities of a high volume laboratory providing method validation services to internal customers (Research & Development, Product Management) and support to Technical Services and Sales when requested. Projects include validation of microbiological, immunochemical, and chemical methods for detection of a broad range of analytes in food and environmental samples. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hire, train, and manage laboratory staff.
- Supervise all daily activities of laboratory.
- Provide technical expertise required to support high quality and efficient work.
- Maintain dedication to continuous improvement of laboratory operations, including securing laboratory accreditations as appropriate.
- Establish and implement work procedures including SOPs, work instructions, and records.
- Review data for accuracy and completeness prior to reporting.
- Establish and implement a program for laboratory work quality metrics.
- Oversee equipment calibration and preventive maintenance.
- Ensure laboratory safety and proper waste disposal.
- Coordinate procurement of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 registration and other laboratory accreditations.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field. Minimum 3 years work experience in a laboratory environment. Minimum 1 year experience in a laboratory operations role with a supervisory component. Experience with modern diagnostic methods for food and environmental analysis. Food industry or contract laboratory experience preferred. Familiarity with laboratory accreditation programs preferred.
|Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
Repair and maintenance of all production and process related equipment. Ability to troubleshoot and make fine tuning adjustments that will directly impact customer product. Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical blueprints. Performs PM’s, writes reports. Must be available off hours for emergencies. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repair and maintenance of all production related equipment.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting abilities to diagnose repairs.
- Initiative to contribute ideas and actions to cut costs and increase production.
- Must be “hands on” and be able to work unsupervised.
- Must be flexible enough to perform duties not related to maintenance when required
- Be able to be “on call” if production requires it.
- Write reports.
- Computer literate
Education and/or Experience: High school education; and up to 5 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Market Development Manager, Dairy, Pet Food, Milling, Grain Segments, and Food Service
Responsible for development of strategic marketing plans, tactical marketing materials, and driving sale of current and yet to be developed diagnostic products into specific market segments of the food and agricultural industries. It is expected that markets for these products will continue to grow and at the same time become more sophisticated. Extensive industry involvement (trade associations, multi-national processors, food marketers, etc.) will be required to determine market needs in order to grow market share. Sales of Neogen Corporation’s diagnostic testing products are expected to grow and contribute significantly of the revenue and earnings for the Food Safety Division. This position is expected to be a major contributor to the development of the category sales and profitability through the achievement of optimum market shares, strategic positioning and expense control. A strategic analysis of customer needs/desires and the regulatory environment will be used in developing strategic plans, tactical marketing plans and sales support activities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides detailed direction to sales organization for achievement of marketing objectives in terms of specific actions. Establishes and reviews measurements to determine level of success. Collects, interprets and acts upon detailed analysis of sales vs. objectives by market segment and geographic region.
- Seeks out market opportunities. Based on market development, competitive moves and innovative thinking, identifies opportunities for growth based on new tactics, strategies, applications and benefits. Provides to senior management needs for products, competitive comparisons, packaging, format, etc. that can allow the realization of market opportunities and provides continuing liaison.
- Develop and implement key marketing and communication campaigns (direct mail, e-commerce, web-ex seminars, and advertising) to support/enhance Neogen’s image with customers and prospects. Organize and develop specific content for external and internal newsletters. Focus on lead generation, awareness and brand building.
- Work with Sales to develop key account strategies according to a key account template. Develop sales tools including PowerPoint presentations that will assist Sales in closing opportunities. Develop sales training materials and programs for our salespeople.
- Prepares annual Strategic Plan for identified market segments of responsibility in conjunction with management. This includes the assembling and evaluation of information, ideas and recommendations from sales team, internal management, and external environment.
- Work with Product Managers on new product ideas based on market and competitive intelligence, and VOC. Work with Product Management on professional product launches.
- Attend and present at monthly business meetings.
- Maintain and update Marketing portion of employee intranet with relevant marketing information and sales tools. Work with web development team to optimize website and e-commerce initiatives
- Perform other duties as agreed upon with supervisor
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time and be able to travel internationally for up to one week ~ four times per year.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in a discipline such as Food Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry or other Life Science field required. Marketing degree, MBA, or equivalent business / marketing experience preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience in Food Safety related to the processed food industry in areas such as food production, (aseptic) filling, and storage. Understanding of food industry sanitary practices and regulatory guidelines related to pathogens, allergens and / or natural toxins (molecular or ELISA systems), a definite plus. Business-to-business marketing or sales experience in a product or market driven organization with product launch and sales support responsibilities preferred.
| Network Engineer
Responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting computer communication networks within the organization and between organizations. Ensure the smooth operation of communication networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability users. Network hardware and infrastructure support. Phone System hardware and user support. Support for Phone and Network cabling. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware, network hardware and software infrastructure.
- Undertaking routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security.
- Managing and keeping internal networks running.
- Maintain and optimize current phone systems in all locations.
- Run cable as need for Phone and Network connectivity.
- Perform other duties as agreed upon with supervisor.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma with at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical certifications are desirable.
|Product Manager, Rapid Microbiology
Responsible for managing the company’s rapid microbiology platform products throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with R&D and manufacturing to deliver winning products. The Product Manager’s job also includes forecasting to drive manufacturing as well as working with sales, marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The product manager shall maintain an intimate understanding of rapid microbiology as it relates to the food, nutraceutical and cosmetic industries. This includes understanding the needs, issues and the competition to quickly identify opportunities and threats, and leverage our strengths while influencing the overall product strategy. The product manager shall be the “go to” person for the product and shall work cohesively with cross functional teams (R&D, Technical Support, Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing) to ensure that the products are delivered on time and within budget. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Defines the product strategy and roadmap
- Develops the core positioning for the product
- Gathers, analyzes and disseminates competitor product information
- Sets pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Monitors, and tracks key performance indicators and financial performance of the product; forecasts future performance and executes proactive measures to attain product and financial goals.
- Identifies customer and prospect problems and market opportunities
- Provides input to marketing for the go-to-market plan
- Briefs and conducts periodic product training to sales force
- Implements plans to manage entire life cycle of all products from launch through obsolescence.
- Collaborates and aligns with the commercial sales and marketing teams to execute annual marketing strategy.
- Analyzes and reports market, competitive, application trends and workflow opportunities.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the rapid microbiology market arena by maintaining communications with experts, regulatory agencies, and organizations and reading published literature.
- Submits monthly unit forecasts to drive manufacturing and attends monthly sales and operations meetings
- Generates and distributes customer product notification letters (recall, product issue)
- Manages kit inserts, packaging and labels (creating new, updating existing and translations) for responsible product line
- Manages forecasts and inventory levels when there are supply issues (manufacturing, technical)
- Manages and updates technical data and addresses technical questions with sales and customers.
- Create and tracks product documentation (bill of materials, document request forms, etc.) through the system
Product Line Strategy and Reviews
- Publishes technical bulletins and support data to ensure product positioning is solid for responsible product line
- Attends Technical Review Meetings and take action based on findings
- Assists Senior Product Manager with conducting periodic product line reviews
New Product Development
- Defines market need for new products and product advances/improvements
- Uses the Stagegate process to secure funding on projects; develops business cases as input to the Stagegate process.
- Develops and maintains all documentation related to new product development/product advancements including: assigning product names/numbers; defining and developing packaging, labels, kit inserts, catalogue pages, product components and end user equipment and data packs
- Coordinates team meetings and maintains documentation related to meetings (record and post meeting minutes)
- Initiates and finalizes Bill of Materials and Cost of Goods
- Creates and manages product development and launch schedule and timelines globally
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in a life or physical sciences discipline such as Agriculture, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Genetics etc. (Microbiology degree strongly preferred). 5+ years of experience of Business-to-Business product/project management and/or applied microbiology in a company that operated within a product management structure and marketing principles, product launch activities and sales support. Knowledge of applied microbiology for food industry/food safety preferred. Must have and maintain a valid Michigan license to drive at all times. Must be able to travel 20-30% of the time (some international).
| Production Technologist (2nd shift)
Assists in the formulation of reagents and preparation of components used in the assembly of lateral flow devices according to Standard Manufacturing Procedures. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Dispense prepared solutions onto membrane using automated and semi-automated equipment.
- Assemble and package lateral flow components through the use of automated and semi-automated assembly equipment.
- Use good manufacturing processes and ISO approved procedures to manufacture products.
- Complete production documentation accurately according to Standard Manufacturing Procedures.
- Properly label components according to Standard Manufacturing Procedures.
- Assist in maintenance of raw material inventory.
- Maintain proper maintenance and cleanliness of equipment at all times.
- May work at different stations and in different departments as production needs require.
Education and/or Experience: High school education; Completed college level science program, chemistry or biology coursework preferred; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising for organization by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews requisitions, prepares purchase orders and bid requests.
- Identifies, selects, and confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Reviews bid proposals; negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as purchased items or services, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Verify packing slips against purchase orders, may approve invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
|Reagent Support Chemist Associate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares buffers, solutions, and reagents according to Standard Manufacturing Procedures (SMP’s) and Work Orders.
- Uses good manufacturing procedures (GMP and ISO) in the manufacturing of all reagents.
- Maintains general cleanliness and organization in area of physical responsibility.
- Performs lab instrument preventative maintenance and calibration per SOP instructions.
- Maintains safety stock on lab supplies.
- Transfers supplies from inventory.
- Orders lab supplies from external vendors.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum Associates degree in Biotechnology, Chemistry or Biological Science. Previous Laboratory experience is helpful.
|Reagent Support Chemist, Manufacturing
Assists in the formulation of specialized and rare reagents needed to meet Diagnostics Manufacturing production schedule. Troubleshooting product failures and product improvement efforts. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Formulate chemical reagents from stock.
- Conduct evaluations for chemical and antibody reagents
- Use good manufacturing procedures (GMP and ISO) in the manufacture of all reagents.
- Participate in validation and verification procedures pertinent to manufacturing of reagents.
- Participate in product/process improvement of current products to improve product quality, reduce lead-times and improve
- Assist Managerin maintenance of raw material inventory.
- Develops, executes and maintains Standard Operating Procedures to meet current cGMP / ISO / MIOSHA / MDEQ or other regulatory requirements
- Prepare and present reports and analysis of data as required
- Maintains general cleanliness and organization of physical area responsible for
- Assist in troubleshooting quality problems with products made in Reagent Support department
- Assist in troubleshooting quality problems in ELISA, Lateral Flow, Gene Trak, and other Diagnostics products
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing products based on experimental and stability data
- Other duties as may be assigned by Management
Education and/or Experience: Minimum BS degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Biological Science. Laboratory and Manufacturing experience including HPLC and FPLC analysis, protein purification and characterization, and protein conjugation is desirable. Knowledge and understanding of cGMPs and ISO desirable.
|Research Scientist, Microbiology
Working in a team environment, the Research Scientist plans and conducts research for the development and/or improvement of microbiological based products for food safety and animal safety applications. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, organizes and conducts experimentation necessary to develop new products or improve or expand the claims of current Neogen products.
- Records daily experimental results, analyzes data and provides a summary of results to senior team members for review and planning of future experimental path.
- Develops, maintains and reports project timelines.
- Orders necessary materials to ensure timely completion of project. Ensures that all purchases are coded to the appropriate project budget.
- Coordinates activities between departments (Manufacturing and QC) that are essential for development or improvement of products.
- Supervises Research Technician(s) and/or Associate Research Scientists in team.
- Reviews results and plans (where necessary) of Research Technicians and/or Associate Research Scientists under his/her supervision.
- Makes presentations of experimental results at regular R&D group meetings.
- Reports research activities at monthly R&D meeting.
- R&D representative on project team.
- Stays abreast of science related to field of expertise.
- Presents at internal and external meetings, prepares and submits abstracts, posters and manuscripts for external meetings.
- Strong knowledge of food safety diagnostic industry.
Education and/or Experience: BS in Microbiology or Molecular Biology with 3-5years laboratory experience Or MS in Microbiology or Molecular Biology with 2 years laboratory experience or PhD Microbiology or Molecular Biology. Knowledge and experience in Microbiological techniques and development of microbiologic assay systems. Strong communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, managing multiple projects with attention to meeting project milestones and timelines. Ability to work effectively as a member of a project team, interacting with members of other departments including other R&D groups, Sales & Marketing, Business Development, Manufacturing, Quality Control and Technical Service.
|Research Technician, Immunochemistry
Assay development technician to conduct immunoassay based product research, applied research and validation of new diagnostic tools for food safety and animal health applications. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Manage direct reports in the design and execution of experiments, and compilation of results. Perform experiments as required.
- Provide scientific input and recommendations to Project Leader.
- Stay abreast of pertinent developments in the fields of food safety and immunodiagnostics.
- Present results at internal meetings and at scientific conferences. Prepare reports and manuscripts.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor of Science with 0-3 years laboratory experience in Biochemistry, Microbiology, or related field. Basic biochemical knowledge and laboratory skills. Strong computer skills. Knowledge of immunoassays and/or food safety diagnostics helpful. Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, managing multiple projects with attention to meeting project milestones and timelines. Ability to work effectively as a member of a project team, interacting with members of other departments including other R&D groups, Sales & Marketing, Business Development, Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Technical Service.
| Software Engineer
Manages the day-to-day training and support function for sales and marketing, and assists in the support of other IT functions and activities as assigned. Is knowledgeable in the overall infrastructure, configuration and delivery of services and assists in carrying out IT departmental activities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Will develop or enhance current Neogen Software Programs for customer distribution.
- Create or enhance current management information systems reports with company purchased software tools.
- Manage initial and beta testing programs related to software projects in order to ensure integrity of programs.
- Work with other Neogen employees, customers and other stake holders to determine program layout, needs, and customizations for current or new software programs.
- Upon completion of projects, provide software technical support for programs created and bug reporting.
- Perform other duties as agreed upon with supervisor.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma with at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical certifications are desirable.
|Technical Sales Representative, Healthcare, Fruit & Vegetable, Beverage
Responsible for conducting thorough customer product training, program implementation, and compliance activities associated with Neogen’s AccuPoint 2 and AccuPoint HC Sanitation Monitoring Systems. This position supports Territory Managers with the objective to maximize the sales of Neogen’s diagnostic products, media and associated supplies to customers and prospects in assigned market segments. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Achieves the status of ‘resident expert’ related to the AccuPoint product line and performs product and certification training for customers within allocated territories and market segments.
- Works with Territory Managers to coordinate and conduct new customer onboarding with training, webinars, Lab Live video conferencing, and outbound call activities.
- Maintains customer profile and training records in Neogen’s CRM system.
- Coordinates with Technical Services and/or Product Management to address product performance related issues requiring troubleshooting and resolution beyond the capabilities of the Technical Sales Representative.
- Records and reports Voice of the Customer feedback on Neogen products, competitor information, company/market/industry activities, regulations and trends to sales management.
- Supports Territory Managers and Sales Director in fulfilling requests as required.
- Meets customer needs by thorough understanding of their food safety program requirements and identifies Neogen product fit and application.
- Works as part of the sales team when in office to maintain and grow sales for Neogen Corporation. This team effort will include support of all customers, including those not directly assigned to you. (e.g. in-bound phone calls, troubleshooting problems, etc.)
- Travels when required (10%) to call on selected customers to provide technical support and training services..
- Strives to achieve customer delight in every customer interaction.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of market segment being applied for a benefit.
|Technical Services, Microbiologist (2 positions)
Provides customer and internal technical support for Neogen Corporation’s Microbiology related product lines for both pathogenic and spoilage organisms. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs routine immunochemical and biological assays according work instruction and/or product insert directions.
- Generates and analyzes data from a variety of laboratory techniques and analytic instrumentation.
- Participate in internal alpha and beta site evaluations.
- Performs validation studies to replicate results and to verify results with industry or scientific literature standards.
- Calibrate analytical instrumentation.
- Participate in sample proficiency programs such as AOAC and API.
- Tabulates and graphs data, and prepares technical reports for senior personnel.
- Participate in kit validations for additional commodities.
- Evaluates competitor products to find deficiencies that put Neogen products at an advantage.
- Participate in kit validations for agencies including; AOAC, AFNOR, and MicroVal.
- Perform tasks essential to maintaining ISO Certification.
- Presents work at internal meetings and scientific conferences.
- Provide scientific input and recommendations to Managers and Director.
- Participate in the design of experiments.
Sales and Customer Support
- Problem solving and trouble shooting for diagnostic kits and components.
- Assists in sales, customer, distributor and new hire training.
- Provide phone or on-site technical support regarding kit components and performance.
- Travels up to 25% of the time for customer training, support and/or trouble shooting.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university in a science discipline (microbiology or food science preferred) with 3-5 years of experience or a Masters Degree with 1-3 years of experience.
|Territory Manager, Dairy
Responsible for maximizing the sales of diagnostic test kits, media and associated supplies to customers and prospects in assigned market segment. Also responsible for controlling expenses and accounts receivable management while implementing approved sales and marketing programs. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates annual territory business plan that clearly identifies the potential revenue growth opportunities and details plans, by product, by account, which will allow for successful obtainment of assigned budget. Business plan is reviewed monthly and updated with new information. A formal review with manager is conducted quarterly.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from networking, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources. These are incorporated into business plan as qualified.
- Travels up to 35% of the time throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to expand revenues and talk with customers and prospects by phone.
- Submit weekly travel itineraries prior to each trip citing general plan for following week including contact info and lodging accommodations.
- Demonstrates product, using sample PowerPoint presentation and catalog, and emphasizes product features and benefits to customers business.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Prepares weekly call reports of business development activities and submits expense reports weekly that are within assigned budgets and/or parameter.
- Works as part of the sales team when in office to maintain sales for Neogen Corporation. This team effort will include support of all customers, including those not directly assigned to you. (e.g. in-bound phone calls, trouble shooting problems, etc.)
- Works with Marketing Department to keep management up-to-date on market conditions and competitive situations. Makes suggestions and proposals for ways to improve effectiveness.
- Coordinates and/or conducts customer training on Neogen products.
- Enters new customer data and pertinent data for current customers into CRM database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key influencers on business in assigned market segment.
- Participates in trade shows to build business and obtain sales leads.
- Continues to build skill level with product knowledge, market segment knowledge, sales skill training and studies
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of market segment being applied.
| Web Designer, Intern
To provide ongoing support for corporate communications functions with maintenance of websites. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with the maintenance of corporate websites using Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- Experience with HTML, and CSS is required.
- Update, and modify PDF document for website posting.
- Producing cds for manufacturing and sales.
- Assists with other projects as assigned.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully an individual must be detail oriented, organized, excellent typing skills, computer literate, and have experience in Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Acrobat, HTML, and CSS.
Education and/or Experience: 1-2 years website design in HTML and CSS, or related field experience. Individual must be detail oriented, organized, excellent typing skills, computer literate, and have experience in Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Acrobat. Experience with PHP, SEO, and/or InDesign preferred.
To provide ongoing support for corporate communications with upgrading, development, creation and maintenance of websites and online applications. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of corporate websites.
- Create web applications and components from information gathering through design, production and deployment.
- Develop, support and maintain databases in SQL and/or MS Access.
- IIS or equivalent server management experience.
- Utilize best practices and design methodologies to ensure the success of projects.
- Experience in developing, and maintaining websites and/or web applications.
- Front- and back-end development experience.
- Experience working with database driven site(s).
- Practical experience with Dreamweaver and Visual Studio.
- Solid understanding of logical navigation.
- Ability to work independently or within a team-oriented environment.
- Proficient, personable and positive communication skills required including, but not limited to, electronic and verbal communications with various departments across various levels of management.
- Experience and ability to solve simple, complex and/or unique issues that arise.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to organize multiple input/output methods.
- Proficient in learning SOP’s and completing associated paperwork.
- Proficient typing and advanced computer skills.
- Proficient experience in MS office software.
- Ability to learn quickly in various technical, collaborative and creative environments.
- Flexibility and willingness to do all types of projects including, but not limited to, simple website maintenance and/or clerical duties.
Additional Skills Preferred:
- SEO experience.
- Wordpress or Drupal experience.
- Mobile website development.
- Create, develop, deploy, and/or maintain mobile applications for Android and iOS.
- Multi-language site experience. (French, German, Spanish, etc.)
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor degree in relevant field and 1 year of recent experience or Associate degree and 2+ years of recent experience. Web related certifications are a plus.