February 25, 2013
Code of Conduct
|Always Accepting Applications
We are always looking for talented individuals to fill future employment opportunities. You can express your interest in working for Neogen Corporation by submitting a general application and resume/CV. Just click on the Apply Here link and we will have your application in our system for recruiting to locate when we have a future opportunity that may fit your qualifications. Neogen Corporation continues to grow as a global leader in Food Safety and Animal Safety Technologies with more than 700 employees. We appreciate your interest in contributing to our success.
Employment Opportunities: St. Joseph, MI (IDS)
| Research Chemist
Responsible for conducting and interpreting experiments used for scientific research and developing new and improved diagnostic products. These tasks shall be completed with minimal supervision. Performing the duties and responsibilities as outlined below. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, conduct and interpret scientific experiments. Plan the performance of these tasks such that research or development project is efficiently accomplished.
- In conjunction with the Chief Chemist, assist other R&D personnel to plan, conduct and interpret scientific experiments. Assist R&D personnel to plan the performance of these tasks such that research or development project is efficiently accomplished.
- Practical application of organic and/or inorganic methods for synthesis of compounds and extractions.
- Manufacture hapten: protein conjugates. Complete batch records and/or notebook records for conjugates.
- Properly document work in laboratory notebooks. Prepare internal reports and memos and external reports.
- Review the scientific literature.
- Coordinate and conduct research towards new product ideas including the collection and analysis of new information, the exploration of new technologies or techniques, feasibility studies, and cost/risk analysis.
- Efficiently schedule and complete tasks with minimal supervision such that project timelines are routinely met.
- Responsible for transferring information, technology and techniques to Production and Quality Control as needed. Conduct training as required to assist Production or Quality Control personnel in the transfer of technology.
- On an as needed basis, write SOPs and conduct training in their implementation in conjunction with the Sr. Manager Immunoassay R&D and Chief Chemist (or other manager, as appropriate).
- Review and update R&D or ISO procedures as required by document review procedures.
- Assist in troubleshooting Production or Quality Control problems and assist with technical service questions when appropriate.
- Maintain the Project Folder for assigned projects and assist in the control of the ISO process for the Design Procedure and other R&D personnel Project Folders.
- Assist in training of newly hired R&D personnel.
- Assist in training existing members of R&D personnel.
- Attend internal meetings such as the Diagnostics Group Meeting to present the status of projects and to schedule Design Reviews.
- Attend external meetings as alternate for Sr. Manager Immunoassay R&D or Chief Chemist.
- Follow safety procedures and company policies.
- Properly use and maintain lab equipment.
- Coordinate R&D personnel efforts to assist Sales staff in preparing technically related materials for release to customers.
Education and/or Experience: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry with two or more years of experience and/or training is preferred.